Position: Vice President/Senior Director, Business Development
Position Level: Vice President/Senior Director
Reports to: President & Chief Business Officer
Dept: G&A – Business Development
Overview of Position:
As an integral member of the Business Development team, the Vice President/Senior Director, Business Development will assist in the identification and pursuit of strategic business opportunities including: mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, alliances, joint ventures, and licensing agreements that fit within the overall corporate strategy to further drive future innovation and growth. This position will play a key role in researching and profiling both companies and assets, as well as project managing and conducting due diligence.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to initiate partnering process: search, evaluation and execution of in- and out-licensing agreements.
- Develops presentation materials for both internal and external opportunities.
- Assembles confidential and non-confidential presentations for potential partners.
- Manages an electronic data room for the purpose of due diligence.
- Liaises between external and internal parties for the triage of information requests in the course of due diligence and provides project management as required.
- Creates and maintains a detailed tracking tool to manage the status of interactions between companies and opportunities.
- Builds competitive intelligence tools.
- Works with the contracts department to prepare Confidentiality Agreements as needed.
- Extensive domestic and international travel expected.
Education: Advanced scientific or medical degree preferred.
Experience: 10+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience with business development background.
Skills and Attributes:
- Keen business and scientific acumen.
- Solid understanding of the drug discovery, development and commercialization process.
- Ability to conduct scientific and clinical due diligence.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct market and business analysis in order to translate the result into effective communication tools (e.g., presentations).
- Ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to make appropriate recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to transfer analysis, concepts and ideas into compelling communication, including the ability to simplify complex topics and condensed messages.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Highly motivated, results driven self-starter, with proven ability to work in a rapid-paced environment.
- Team player with the ability to achieve team and company goals.
- Demonstrated ability to gather, organize and analyze large amounts of information quickly.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and associated deadlines.
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Flexibility to adapt in a cross-functional and dynamic, “start-up” type environment.
Equillium’s recruitment and employment process is managed by Human Resources and all candidates must be submitted through Human Resources. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or present candidates, but instead to contact Human Resources.
Human Resources will review and keep all resumes submitted on file.
Equillium is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.